First announcement for the Planck Conference, 13-17 February 2012
"Astrophysics from the radio to submillimetre - Planck and other experiments in temperature and polarization"
- Area della Ricerca del CNR, Bologna, Italy
- Web site: http://www.iasfbo.inaf.it/events/planck-2012/
- Deadlines for registration: Prepaid Advanced Registration must be electronically submitted, faxed or mailed no later than January 13th, 2012
- Deadlines for contribution submission: December 15th, 2011
- Scientific rationale: The Conference will be focused on the astrophysical sky seen by Planck and other observatories, on the Planck astrophysical results and the implications and follow-up with other observatories. It will include sessions on Galactic and extragalactic science from the radio to the submillimetre (diffuse emission, sources, galaxy clusters, cosmic infrared background, etc.), solar system, as well as sessions on the next observational challenges and data analysis methods. The joint information from both total intensity and polarization will be one of the key aspects of the Conference.
- The Conference will be based on invited plus contributed talks. There will also be a poster session. A public session with media and public lectures for a general audience will be organized in the context of the Conference.
- Scientific Organizing Committee: Nazzareno Mandolesi (chair), John Bally, Marco Bersanelli, J. Richard Bond, François R. Bouchet, Carlo Burigana, Richard Davis, George Efstathiou, Paul F. Goldsmith, Matt J. Griffin, Richard E. Hills, Ernst Kreysa, Anne Lähteenmäki, Jean-Michel Lamarre, Charles R. Lawrence, Giuseppe Malaguti, Peter G. Martin, Hans-Ulrik Norgaard-Nielsen, Lyman A. Page, Jean-Loup Puget, Douglas Scott, Rashid A. Sunyaev, Jan A. Tauber, Leonardo Testi, Simon D. M. White, Andrea Zacchei.
- Local Organizing Committee: Carlo Burigana (chair), Benedetta Cappellini, Fabio Finelli, Enrico Franceschi, Marco Malaspina, Daniela Paoletti, Sara Ricciardi, Manuela Spiga, Luca Valenziano, Elvio Velardo.